Lake Tahoe Triathlon Schedule 2017
|8/25/2017||5:00-7:00 PM||Sprint Race Packet Pick Up and Registration||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/25/2017||6:00 PM||Big Blue Adventure Open Water Swim Clinic||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/25/2017||6:00 PM||Preview Olympic/Half/Duathlon/Aquabike Bike Course||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/26/2017||6:00-6:30 AM||Sprint Race Packet Pick Up and Registration||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/26/2017||6:00 AM||Sprint Transition Area Open||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/26/2017||7:30 AM||Sprint Triathlon Start||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/26/2017||8:00:00||Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/26/2017||8:00 AM-4:00 PM||Expo Open||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/26/2017||8:15-11:45 AM||Sprint Race Finish||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/26/2017||8:20 -10:00 AM||Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim Finish||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/26/2017||10:00 AM||Splash and Dash Kids Aquathon Start||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/26/2017||4:00-6:00 PM||Olympic/Half/Duathlon/Aquabike Check-in, Registration||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/26/2017||5:00 PM||Olympic/Half/Duathlon/Aquabike Race Briefing||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/27/2017||5:30-6:15 AM||Sugar Pine Point Check-In Registration||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/27/2017||5:30 AM||Transition Area Open: Olympic/Half/Duathlon/Aquabike||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
|8/27/2017||7:00 AM||Start Half Triathlon/Aquabike||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/27/2017||7:15 AM||Start Olympic Triathlon||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/27/2017||7:20 AM||Start Duathlon||Sugar Pine Just up From Beach|
|8/27/2017||8:00 AM-4:00 PM||Expo Open||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/27/2017||9:45 AM||First Olympic/Duathlon Finisher||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/27/2017||11:00 AM||Frist Half Finisher||Sugar Pine Beach|
|8/28/2016||11:30 AM||Olympic Awards||Sugar Pine Point/Main Venue|
Wave Start Times
Tentative schedule and cap color…
|Sprint Triathlon: Saturday||Age Group||Cap color|
|7:30 AM||Men 34 & Under||TBD|
|7:35 AM||Men 35 +||TBD|
|7:40 AM||Women 34 & Under||TBD|
|7:45 AM||Women 35-49||TBD|
|7:45 AM||Women 50+, Relays, Clydesdale, Athena, Challenged||TBD|
|Half Triathlon: Sunday||Age Group||Cap color|
|7:05 AM||Women, Relays, Clydesdale, Athena, Challenged||TBD|
|Aquabike: Sunday||Age Group||Cap color|
|7:05 AM||All Aquabike||TBD|
|7:20 AM||All duathletes Meet at the cottages near the swim start|
|Olympic Triathlon: Sunday||Age Group||TBD|
|7:15 AM||Men 34 & Under||TBD|
|7:20 AM||Men 35 & Up||TBD|
|7:25 AM||Women 34 & Under||TBD|
|7:30 AM||Women 35+, Relays, Clydesdale, Athena, Challenged||TBD|
Cut Off Times for the Half Distance Race
- Swim 8:15AM: 1 hour and 10 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Bike 12:35PM: 5 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Run 2:05PM: 2nd lap 7 hours after the final HALF swim wave start.
- Run: 3:35PM 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
- The race will officially end at 3:35PM 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final HALF swim wave start.
Important Packet Pickup Notes
ID is Required
- At registration, ALL athletes are required to show photo ID. Every single participant must have a photo ID, this includes all relay participants. Youth athletes without an ID must be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
- Annual USAT members are required to bring their membership card.
- Athletes may only pick up their own packets. Under no circumstances may an athlete pick up a packet for another person. Regarding relays, all relay members must be present to receive the packet, or split up the relay packet for each participant.
- If an athlete does not bring a photo ID to packet pickup they have two options:
- Find it
- Have someone fax them a copy of their photo ID
- If an athlete does not bring their USAT membership card to packet pickup they have three options:
- Find it
- Locate internet access where a temporary card can be printed
- Purchase a one-day membership for $15, which can later be applied to a membership renewal by submitting a receipt of purchase
USAT Membership Fees for 2017
- Adult Annual Membership – $50
- Adult One-day Membership – $15. Must pay by Check or Cash, no credit card.
- Youth (age 17 and under) Annual Membership – $10 (this is an annual membership, one-day memberships are NOT available for youth).
- One Day Membership:
- Athletes that need to purchase a one-day license must sign the USAT waiver if it was not included on the event registration form or process. Annual members do not have to sign a waiver at packet pickup because they already signed it when they applied to become an annual member.